The general requirements are as shown below;
- Duly filled SBM loan application form
- Original ID/Passport and copy
- Original KRA PIN Certificate and copy
- Certified Bank account statements for the last 6 months (For Non-SBM Bank customer)
- Pay slips for the last 3 months (original or copy certified by employer)
- Letter from employer confirming terms and conditions of employment
- Copy of work permit (if non-Kenyan)
In addition, specific Mortgage types have different requirements as below: -
For Straight Home Purchase Applications
- Identify a home you would like to purchase or get in touch with us to assist you with suitable home options.
- Present applicable supporting documents as above.
For Home Equity Applications (Borrowing Against an existing developed property)
- Present Copy of Title of your property.
- SBM BANK will arrange for a valuation of the property. (Fees payable by applicant)
- Present documents supporting your Income line (see overleaf).
To Construction Finance applications
- Present Copy of Title of your property
- Present your Building Plans & CV/Profile of an Architect
- Present your Structural Drawings & CV/Profile of a Structural Engineer
- Present your Bill of Quantities & CV/Profile of a Quantity Surveyor