Eligibility / Documents Required
To apply for SBM Platinum Saver Account, visit any SBM (K) Branch to fill in an account
opening form with the following:
- Original Kenyan national ID card and copy or
- Original and copy of valid passport
- Valid VISA
- Alien Certificate, work permits/dependent pass/student pass/internship or
research pass/certificate of permanent residence
- KRA PIN
- 1 passport size colored photo
- FATCA completed forms for qualifying persons or entities. Any person who
responds in the affirmative to this question MUST complete the FATCA forms:
- Are you a US citizen?
- Are you holding a US permanent resident card (Green card)?
- Were you born in the US?
- Have you ever granted power of attorney or signatory authority to a person
with a US address?
- Do you have a US residential address?
- Do you have a correspondence, C/O or hold mail address in the US?
- Do you have a standing order to a US Bank account?
- Do you have a US telephone no?
- Are you a US resident?
- Fully completed and signed Common Reporting Standard (CRS) certification forms
Who Are The Target Customers?
- A person saving for their first car
- A young professional saving for a diploma or degree
- Someone working towards building an emergency fund
- A business owner saving for new office space
- A couple saving for their first child, or for school fees
- A farmer saving for a new tractor