Eligibility / Documents Required
To apply for SBM Platinum Saver Account, visit any SBM (K) Branch to fill in an account
opening form with the following:
- Original Kenyan national ID card and copy or
- Original and copy of valid passport
- Valid VISA
- Alien Certificate, work permits/dependent pass/student pass/internship or
research pass/certificate of permanent residence
- KRA PIN
- 1 passport size colored photo
- Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act completed forms for qualifying persons or entities. Any person who
responds in the affirmative to this question MUST complete the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act forms:
- Are you a US citizen?
- Are you holding a US permanent resident card (Green card)?
- Were you born in the US?
- Have you ever granted power of attorney or signatory authority to a person
with a US address?
- Do you have a US residential address?
- Do you have a correspondence, C/O or hold mail address in the US?
- Do you have a standing order to a US Bank account?
- Do you have a US telephone no?
- Are you a US resident?
- Fully completed and signed Common Reporting Standard (Common Reporting Standard) certification forms
If you fit this description, this account is for you.
- A person saving for their first car
- A young professional saving for a diploma or degree
- Someone working towards building an emergency fund
- A business owner saving for new office space
- A couple saving for their first child, or for school fees
- A farmer saving for a new tractor