The following terms dictate your access and use of the social media pages of SBM Bank Kenya.This
disclaimer serves to put the user on notice that by posting on SBM Bank Kenya’s social media sites, they
will be responsible for any risks in regarding the usage of the social media sites as governed by SBM
Bank Kenya, as well as other terms required by the companies that own and operate the underlying
social media platforms. The Bank encourages open discussion, engagement and interactions on all its
social media pages and accounts i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, WhatsApp, SBM Bank
Kenya website and YouTube.
While we do enjoy and look forward to receiving comments and feedback through these channels, we do
take steps to ensure that any and all interactions remain courteous and on topic. In addition to this, it is
important to remain cognisant of this fact; not all content posted by other users may be considered
financial advice. We urge you to get in touch with The Bank directly, via social media, private messaging
or the contact centre, to seek professional financial advice.
Be prudent when posting online, as this is a public space, where longevity of content is almost always
guaranteed. Ensure that you are familiar with the social media site’s terms of service. Be cautious with
the kind of information that you post on social media. There is information that one should never disclose
● Contact information such as mobile phone numbers and email addresses.
● Account number
● KRA PIN
● Any other financial information
● Physical address, be it work or residential
The Bank will not be held liable for any losses or claims that may arise from disclosure of such
confidential information on our platforms.
While we make reasonable efforts to monitor and/or moderate content posted on our social media
platforms, we do not moderate all comments and cannot always respond in a timely manner to online
requests for information.
SBM Bank Kenya does not monitor every posting by users on the SBM Bank Kenya social media sites.
We reserve the sole right to review, edit and/or delete any comments we deem inappropriate. Comments
including but not limited to the following may be deleted or edited:
● Material that is unlawful, defamatory, obscene, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous,
hateful or embarrassing to any other person or entity;
● Off-topic and redundant comments (this includes promotion of events, groups, pages)
● Websites, organisations and programs not related to or affiliated with SBM Bank Kenya
● Comments that violate the privacy of our customers and their families
● Personal attacks
● Suggestions of violence and illegal behaviour such as fraud
● Any comments violating the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
You hereby confirm that you will NOT:
● Post, upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual
property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or
have received all necessary consents.
● Post, upload or attach files that contain spyware, malware, corrupted files, or any other similar
software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer;
● Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file or
content that is uploaded, posted or attached; or
● Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded,
posted or attached.
● Post URL links to external sites for promotional purposes
● Post fraudulent, libellous or misleading information about SBM Bank Kenya or its competitors
● Impersonate any person/entity or falsely claim affiliation with a person or entity.
SBM Bank Kenya also reserves the right to terminate involvement of and where possible restrict access
by users who post such content.
SBM Bank Kenya does not make endorsements via social media. All links to other websites or third
parties found linked from SBM Bank Kenya social media sites are provided as a service to readers and as
such we are not responsible for the content of external websites.
By submitting content to any of SBM Bank Kenya social media sites, you expressly acknowledge that this
information is available to the public, and that we may from time to time use this information for internal
and external promotional purposes.
Please note that other participants may use your posted information beyond the control of SBM Bank
Kenya. If you do not wish to have the information you have made available via site used published,
copied and/or reprinted, please do not post on SBM Bank Kenya social media pages.
You may reach our customer service desk at any of our branches or through our Contact Centre on: 0709
800000 or WhatsApp 0773 758196
*Usual tariffs will be charged by your telephone and internet service provider(s) when communicating with
our Contact Centre
SBM Bank Kenya Limited is licensed and regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya.