SBM Bank (Kenya) Limited Online Interaction Guidelines
The following terms act as a guideline on how we will interact with our stakeholders online through our corporate social media sites. They serve to put the user on notice that by posting on SBM Bank (Kenya) Limited’s social media sites, they will be responsible for any risks regarding the usage of the social media sites as governed by SBM Bank (Kenya) Limited (“the Bank”) , as well as other terms required by the companies that own and operate the underlying social media platforms. The Bank encourages open discussion, engagement and interactions on all its social media pages and accounts i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, WhatsApp, SBM Bank (Kenya) Limited website and YouTube.
While we want to hear your feedback and strongly encourage participation and communication with our online communities, we simply ask you to follow our guidelines to keep it safe for everyone.
Please do not post any sensitive data, such as personal details e.g. phone numbers, email address, Kenya Revenue Authority PIN, and account numbers. The Bank will not be held liable for any losses or claims that may arise from disclosure of such confidential information on our platforms.
While we make reasonable efforts to monitor and/or moderate content posted on our social media platforms, we do not moderate all comments.
We reserve the sole right to review, edit and/or delete any comments we deem inappropriate or which are in contravention of any applicable laws or regulations. Comments including but not limited to the following may be deleted or edited:
- Material that is unlawful, defamatory, obscene, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful or embarrassing to any other person or entity;
- Off-topic and redundant comments (this includes promotion of events, groups, pages).
- Websites, organizations and programs not related to or affiliated with SBM Bank (Kenya) Limited.
- Comments that violate the privacy of our customers and/ or their families.
- Personal attacks.
- Suggestions of violence and illegal behavior such as fraud.
- Any comments violating the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
You hereby confirm that you will NOT:
- Post, upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Post, upload or attach files that contain spyware, malware, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file or content that is uploaded, posted or attached.
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded, posted or attached.
- Post URL links to external sites for promotional purposes.
- Post fraudulent, libelous or misleading information about SBM Bank (Kenya) Limited or its competitors.
- Impersonate any person/entity or falsely claim affiliation with a person or entity.
SBM Bank (Kenya) Limited also reserves the right to terminate involvement of and where possible, restrict access by users who post such content.
SBM Bank (Kenya) Limited does not make endorsements via social media. All links to other websites or third parties found linked from the Bank’s social media sites are provided as a service to readers and as such, we are not responsible for the content of external websites.
By submitting content to any of SBM Bank (Kenya) Limited’s social media sites, you expressly acknowledge that this information is available to the public, and that we may from time to time use this information for internal and external promotional purposes.
Please note that other participants may use your posted information beyond the control of SBM Bank (Kenya) Limited. If you do not wish to have the information you have made available via any of the sites used published, copied and/or reprinted, please do not post on the Bank’s social media pages.
- We will be timely
We will always do our best to respond to online comments as quickly as possible. If we need to get advice from an expert in our business, then we will let you know.
- We will be open and transparent
We will take all possible steps to be complete and accurate when we post or comment. We will always be honest about who we are when contributing to other sites.
- We will be respectful
Any material which we deem to be obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, discriminatory or hateful to another person or entity, will be removed
Listening to your feedback (compliment or complaint) on the following channels and using the same to improve our services:
Email: email@example.com *
Branch: visit any of our branches www.sbmbank.co.ke/visit-us
Telephone: +254 709 800 000 / +254 730 175 000
WhatsApp: +254 773 758 196
*Usual tariffs will be charged by your telephone and internet service provider(s) when communicating with our Contact Centre
SBM Bank (Kenya) Limited is licensed and regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya.